This is the page where all those annoying questions are answered.
How do I install this mod for MinecraftEdit
THIS MOD SUPPORTS MINECRAFT 1.4.6 / 1.4.7 ONLY. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT VERSION.
- Download and install Minecraft if you haven't already.
- Download WinRAR or 7zip if you haven't already.
- Download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge for the version of Minecraft you are using.
- Download the Creep Mod from the Minecraft Forums thread
- Once you have installed Minecraft Forge, run Minecraft once. This should set up the necessary files.
- Find your .minecraft folder (this Minecraft Wiki page is very helpful).
- Navigate to the 'mods' folder.
- Drag and drop the zip file downloaded from the Creep Mod Forums page into the folder.
- Play Minecraft!
Is this mod compatible with ModLoader?Edit
No, but Minecraft Forge works around this by coming packaged with its own version of ModLoader, called ForgeModLoader, or FML. Using this, all your ModLoader mods should still work
What mods is the Creep Mod compatible with?Edit
The Creep Mod should generally behave with the following mods:
- Pretty much all Minecraft Forge mods.
- Anything that uses ModLoader.
If anyone wants a list of mods, here are some major ones:
- IndustrialCraft 2
- RedPower 2
- Equivalent Exchange 3
- Pretty much any Tekkit mod you can think of...
- The list goes on...
Oh noes! I tried one of the above mods and Minecraft crashed!Edit
Chances are that one ore more Block ID's are conflicting. Try navigating to .minecraft\config and opening 'TCM.cfg' in Notepad or another text editor. Change the startingBlockRange and startingItemRange to a free block slot and save the file. Reboot Minecraft.
It takes forever to load the Creep the first time round...Edit
This mod (strangely) uses a lot of processing power to generate the shape of the terrain. Wait about two minutes or more for it to load (especially if you have a low-end PC). It will get there eventually.
I found a bug! How do I report this?Edit
There is no official bug reporter, so you should probably just mention the comment on the Minecraft Forums thread.